Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October in AZ

When grant and i first got married i pretty much made it clear to him that
WE WILL be moving back to the midwest in 3-5 years.
I couldn't imagine living in the AZ neighborhoods with the houses 2 feet apart, cement fences around your yard, dessert landscape, and very little yards! YUK.
I desired the slower pace midwest where yards are big and green, people are friendly, and things just seem more comfy back there.
After living in AZ for 3 1/2 years now... I CAN'T IMAGINE LIVING ANYWHERE ELSE.

I am 100% satisfied to live here, mostly due to the amazing weather. I will live in a neighborhood w/close nieghbors, fences, and small yards any day over trying to make it through a midwest winter...now that is YUK.
Cambria and i have pretty much  been outside every day since she was born. Now, at 9 months nothing makes her happier than being outside (well maybe being outside w/zach).
She gets so excited and looks at the door when we even mention the word...
O-U-T-S-I-D-E.

Ok, ok, i know we could SURVIVE a winter out there but would rather not. We have been spoiled and I thank the Lord for bringing me a husband from AZ. Now if we could just get my fam out here soon it would be perfect! Here are a few pics of our afternoon outside mostly on the hammock.


typical wrinkly nose face


always something in the mouth


even more typical...
wrinkly nose and drowly chin!



time for night nights.



she snuggled for about 2 seconds...but i loved those seconds



ok, please let me know if you also get super frustrated about the formatting when you write and post pictures. it drives me crazy how everything spaces all weird. please tell me if there is a trick to making it easier.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

LOVE it...we so need to head to the zoo, the weather is amazing right now! I usually work Mon, Wed and Fri so Tues and Thur are usually always free! :)

Jessie said...

I can totally see you living somewhere warm. You always did wear flip flops in December at Emmaus.
The Lord knows Best
love you

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

love the pics and love how God knows what's best :) and love YOU! hope we can chat soon, i miss you!

The Amos Greene Family said...

I can't figure it out either Jodie. It always seems the spacing is off when I do posts. Let me know if you figure it out!

The Hobens said...

I would so love to live in a warm place. I would move out of Iowa in a heart beat if my husband's family wasn't from Iowa...i guess i'm stuck.... LOVe the pics of you and Cambria!! Also, when you do come visit the midwest, come see me! :D
I think you can adjust the spacing between the pictures when you write your blog, before you publish it. I "backspace" until the pictures are one "space bar" away from eachother and that's where I write the comments. Sometimes I just don't do it because i;m lazy and leave them to their own spacing...:)

Angela said...

I am from OK (been here 6 yrs now), and I miss it SUPER DUPER much!!! I really would actually love to move back, maybe not to OK.. but at least TX :) I am not a fan of the AZ weather.. yea its nice to have the sun shining ALL the time, it is nice to have the windows open a lot.. but I miss the seasons changing, the fall leaves, the short summers, etc!

About the pics.. I always adjust them, you just have to drag them close to each other. Just play with it a little. Oh and I always have mine set on the "center" layout....